Friday, February 11, 2011

Free Massage Therapy Business Marketing Tips


MARKET YOUR MASSAGE THERAPY SERVICES ON A SHOESTRING BUDGET 

Let me help you market your Massage Therapy business.

I have been marketing online and off for over 12 years and although I will stop short of calling myself a guru, I do know a thing or two about marketing online and off.


Recently I assumed a challenge that I want to share with you.

A very good online friend, who I have never actually met face to face, but who I have known for over 4 years asked me to help her build her massage therapy business.

"No problem" I responded. "That's what I do".

Now you have to understand something, I met this young lady online and she was at the time attending a massage therapy school in the Philippines.  Occasionally, we would chat using yahoo IM and then Skype and we got to know each other pretty well.  I think the feeling was mutual.

So when she asked the question I was a little confused.

I have been advising her ever since she graduated from the school.  Just informal advice on what she should do.  Anyway, to cut a long story short, she immediately found employment with a salon and after she explained the conditions she was working under I advised her to become an independent mobile therapist.

It did not take much convincing.  Soon she was an independent massage therapist with a daily goal of 3 massage. In a day, she was making more pesos than a week at the salon.   Over the last 3 years the business just got better, she loved the independent lifestyle and success.

I coached her because she took my advice so readily I felt obligated to ensure she was successful.   We had long business discussions on marketing strategy, tactics and ways to build her business.  As we shared information she learned a lot about marketing and I about about the massage therapy business in the Philippines. Not that I thought that knowledge would be useful, I never intend to go to the Philippines to set up shop.

So that's why her request for help confused me a bit.  Then she told me.

"I want to move to work in Trinidad for a bit.  Life in the Philippines is a bit tough sometimes, I don't talk about it much but if i could leave here for a few months I think it would be great."

My response was "Hmmmm"  Speechless.

OK, OK, I'm a man and the thoughts do run around in any man's mind but you gotta understand my situation...   well lets say that this has to be strictly business.  

We are still working on that but in the meanwhile started thinking; why not set up and assist local therapist to market their businesses.  I started looking at the local massage therapy market and what I found was
wanting.

The massage therapy industry is monopolized by about 3 large businesses with what may be thousands of individuals who have had some training in becoming a massage therapist.

I found one school, located in Marabella that profess to be a "a private, not-profit, professional tertiary level institution, educating and training massage therapist "private, non-profit, professional tertiary level institution, educating and training massage therapists for top level careers in these professions".  The Massage School is run by a lady with the distinguished title of  "Madam Professor Pearl Gopaul". From the site it looks like that is the name of the school.


 That school has been responsible for training a number of locals in the art of massage.  The challenge however, is that once they leave the school they are expected to either find employment with one of the very few local establishments or open their own shops. 


Either way, therapist in Trinidad needs help.  


If you are reading this it is probably because you have some interest in the field.  If you are a massage therapist in Trinidad or in any part of the world, join me and get some fresh idea on how to market your business.  


Go to our optin page to get on the list so that you will not miss any of the post on this blog. Go Here


Or, you can check back occasionally to see what we have posted. 


Good luck in your business.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friends,

    Really it is a nice blog. Business marketing tips is designed to help small and home-based business owners grow their profits through the power of strategic marketing. Thanks a lot.

    Business Solutions Online

    ReplyDelete

All spam messages will be deleted from this blog. If that is your intent please don't waste your time. Comments are moderated and only allowed if it relates to the post or massage therapy in general.