Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Massage Therapists In Trinbago Should Celebrate Ash Wednesday

A Cultural Phenomena - A Captive Market 

Ash Wednesday should be the beginning of the year for Massage Therapists in Trinidad and Tobago.  

There is no other time of the year when so many Trinbagonian are hurting from using muscles that were only used last year. 

Walking, chipping, jumping  and palancing penerates muscles and sinews and cartilages; they pain.

The muscles in my lower foot from the tip of my toes to my calves are mushy and painful.  Having quite a few contacts in the industry I felt that at least one would contact me and offer their services.  

What really hurts was when I had to call the person I had my last massage with, (I hate calling her my MT anymore) she did not call me. But I still made the appointment for this afternoon. Does that say anything to you? 

It was only after I made the appointment that I thought about what actually happened.  This is not how it was supposed to work. 

I had recommended to one MT last week that she take advantage of the captured market of weary masqueraders but I think she was more focused on masquerade.  

I suggested that she give a couple of the band owners she knew a small flyer offering each a free massage.  My idea was to offer a foot massage for about 10 minutes each. 

The person would have to make an appointment for the free massage and be qualified to receive it.  . 

The intention is to separate the people who are open to a massage from those who are not and to use the ten minutes to up sell them on a full body massage.  

There is nothing like having a captive audience where you can begin the consultative selling process. 
Everyone in the country who played Mas this year have aching feet today unless they played the Mas on a float.  

If you are a therapist without clients today you should certainly reconsider your marketing. 

If you are a client with aching feet, contact me and I will recommend a good Massage Therapist in your area. 

The number is 686-7396

No comments:

Post a Comment

All spam messages will be deleted from this blog. If that is your intent please don't waste your time. Comments are moderated and only allowed if it relates to the post or massage therapy in general.